Thursday, April 18, 2013

Is there any way to connect my laptop with a printer that is connected to my desktop?

printerfaxscannercopier.blogspot.com ® Is there any way to connect my laptop with a printer that is connected to my desktop?

Subject merely by Pradyot: Is there any way to link my laptop with the printer that is attached to my desktop?

Hi. I recently bought a laptop. I’ve got my printer attached to my desktop. How do I connect my laptop to my printer? The printer I use is an old version and has not got usb connectivity. However I have internet connection on my both computers. How can I link them using the internet?


This really is exactly about Is there any way to link my laptop with the printer that is attached to my desktop? may be compelled to resolve complications personally. Perhaps this element helps in many ways… making the way you live much better. Praying exactly about Is there any way to link my laptop with the printer that is attached to my desktop? may well be an answer one day.
Solution:


Answer by Wls Prakash
You can connect it easily. USB connectivity is not at all a problem. You can use connectors. Check whether the old version of printer supports with the new operating system that is installed in your laptop.


Answer by Makoto S
Are they both on the same network (using the same router)? If so, you can share your computer on the network.


One way to do this is by going to your installed printers on your desktop, then right click and choose Printer Properties. Then under the Sharing tab, check the box to “Share this printer”.


Answer by Andrew Dmytryshyn
Whatever you do, the file from your laptop is going to have to get to your desktop over the internet, and then you are going to have to go to your desktop and print it from there.

1st Option, Use a USB Flash Drive, put the file from the laptop onto the drive, and then take it off the drive from the other computer.

2nd Option, THIS ONLY WORKS IF BOTH COMPUTERS ARE RUNNING WINDOWS 7, create a homegroup, press the start key and type homegroup, then follow the prompts on both computers.

3rd Option, buy an external hard drive, connect it to your wireless router, and then it should be listed under “Computer”, in the same location of your cd drive. Whatever you drag into there can now be accessed by both computers.

4th Option, This is the easiest. Sign up fo a Windows Live account( Hotmail account) , and send a document to yourself, once the email is sent it will say, “this file has been saved to your SkyDrive” Now from any computer in the world you can sign into Windows Live Hotmail and click SkyDrive (Located next to “Mail”) and download the file to a new computer.


Answer by been there done that got shirt
Printer sharing enabled on the desktop should allow the laptop to see it over your home network. However, some older printers aren’t supported by either Windows 7 or 64-bit versions of Windows due to lack of drivers. Likewise, many parallel port printers for Windows won’t work with Mac OS X over a network due to lack of drivers.


Answer by Robert Jonson
There are 2 or 3 options to connect your printer to your laptop first and very simple you can use connectors available in market. Second is attach external bluetooth to your printer and can access it from laptop by Wi-Fi and the last option is put your desktops and laptop in networking and give access of printer at all node by sharing property. Hope this will help you.


Be sure better?

Leave your own individually styled answer as part of his comments!

Is there any way to connect my laptop with a printer that is connected to my desktop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive