Friday, April 12, 2013

Network where all computers hooked up to the same printer installed, what do I do?

printerfaxscannercopier.blogspot.com ® Network where all computers hooked up to the same printer installed, what do I do?

Problem from thundershark: How do you install a network where all the computers are hooked up to the same printer?

Also, do I need to run the printer installation disk on all the computers involved in the network?


This is now everything regarding How do you install a network where all the computers are hooked up to the same printer? you will have to have fix concerns them selves. Subsequently it will help in several ways: and will make your life significantly better. Wishing everything regarding How do you install a network where all the computers are hooked up to the same printer? is going to be an option within the foreseeable future.
Optimum solution:


Answer by leo561
is this a network printer(connected by a cat 5 cable )or is it connected to a computer via usb cable- if on a networked wifi or cable directly to the hub than yes if it is connected to one of your other comp than no just the parent computer is needed to have ran the disk


Answer by Albert W
Hi There,


I just did that today and it worked very well.


My printer is connected directly to my desktop via USB (running Win XP Home) and that’s the printer I wanted to share on my network.


My network;

I have a Belkin wireless G router connected to a DSL modem. My desktop computer is wired directly to an ethernet connection on the router.


The laptop has a wireless card and it connects wirelessly to the router for it’s internet connection.


I wanted to print wirelessly from the laptop (using the desktop printer). So I had to set up a home or small office network with file and printer sharing.


It was easy to do.


I just ran the windows network wizard on the host machine (desktop) and turned on file and printer sharing.

Click on “Start” click on “My Network Places”

In the Network Tasks sidebar click on “Set Up a

Home or Small Office Network”

this opens up the network wizard (just follow the instructions)


Once the desktop (host) was “setup” I saved the settings on a thumb drive (an option that is part of the setup wizard) then ran the “ntsetup.exe” file on the laptop.


The wizard instructions tell you to run this setup file on all the devices on your new network.


In your case you would run the setup file on all the computers you wish to connect to this network.


Remember the “host computer” has the printer directly connected to it and that’s the one you set up as host. since you already have the printer driver files installed on the computer that’s connected to the printer you do not need drivers on the other computers.


What you may need to do to the other computers is open up the control panel and “add a printer”.


Click “Start” click “Printers and Faxes”.Your new shared printer should already be listed. If it is not listed click “add” and follow the instructions.


Mine was already listed and I did not have to do anything else.


Hope this helps,

Al


Learn a lot better?

Leave your own personal answer within the comments!

Network where all computers hooked up to the same printer installed, what do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive