Sunday, March 31, 2013

Multi-purpose system using “PC Fax” you must be connected to the telephone line?

Idea written by Shawn: Do you have to plug to a phone line using “PC Fax” on a multi-purpose machine?

I have a brother multipurpose machine, fax,scan,copy,printer. I have in installed on my laptop for “PC Fax”, do i still need to have an active phone line to send/receive fax’s?


It’s really tips about Do you have to plug to a phone line using “PC Fax” on a multi-purpose machine? that you’ll might want to fix complications independently. Thought to be able this can help in lots of ways: as well as everything better. Dreaming tips about Do you have to plug to a phone line using “PC Fax” on a multi-purpose machine? may perhaps be the very best down the road.

Most practical answer:


Answer by Randy

I think you need a service to send or receive a FAX on your computer. for a separate machine to S/R a FAX you definitely need a land-line.


Answer by Dan

The Brother PC Fax feature is a way to use the fax modem in the Brother machine to send a digital fax from your PC. It’s done using software that comes with the machine. But yes, you do need a phone line to use the service (same as if you were sending a paper fax).


I used this feature before I got my FaxLogic account, which lets me fax without a phone line. Since then, I’m paying $ 15/month for regular faxing plus computer faxing (fax-to-email, email-to-fax, web fax) vs. about $ 50/month for my analog business line.


My particular Brother (MFC-9840) also supports a different feature called “iFax”, that kind of works in the opposite way (it lets my Brother send and receive paper faxes without a phone line, but it also requires a service, and FaxLogic was the only provider I could find that supports the Brother iFax feature). But, even if your machine doesn’t support the iFax feature, you can still use it with FaxLogic using one of their Internet Fax Adapters (a little box that connects your machine to your Internet service); I’m using one of those for an HP all-in-one that I have.


Be sure greater?

Leave your own special answer at the comments!


Fax was the telephonic transmission of scanned printed material, like text or pictures, to a printer or other output device connected to a telephone number. …


Multi-purpose system using “PC Fax” you must be connected to the telephone line?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive