Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wal-Mart to pay by personal check, I inmediately my funds will be deducted?

Inquiry basically by PC Baby: If I pay WalMart with a personal check, will my funds be deducted inmediately?

I’m not sure what the little “check scanner” really does, but I need to know if I can pay today with my check and have time to deposit the funds to my account tomorrow. My checks are not starter checks. They are just personal checks.


It is all about If I pay WalMart with a personal check, will my funds be deducted inmediately? that you can will need to fix situations on their very own. Perhaps it will aid in many ways… and start making yourself significantly better. Desiring all about If I pay WalMart with a personal check, will my funds be deducted inmediately? are likely to be a simple solution in coming years.

Best solution:


Answer by Sinnocence

In my experience it takes 2-3 days. I say go for it. Even though they run it through I don’t think it checks for a balance, if that was the case I could never write checks there! Good luck!


Answer by ♥born2lose♠

No, checks take a few days to get cashed and clear your account.


Answer by spy_vs_spy_vs_spy

Yes, and at some grocery stores also.


Answer by Been there

It depends on the Wal Mart – however, it can be withdrawn immediately – don’t take the chance or whatever you’re puchasing could end up costing you $ 30 in fees from the bank and $ 30 from Wal Mart.


Answer by draper159

at some stores not all it is according to which one you go to . One of my stores I go to does and in the next town they don’t


Answer by kurticus1024

its best to just wait a day or two if you can and then relax and not worry about if its gonna clear or not and no fees that way for bouncing. Good for your credit rating too.


Answer by Cheryl M

The funds can be deducted at the point of sale. If you do not have the funds available in your account and you know you daon’t you are trying to float a check and that is against the law.


Answer by El Diablo

you will be ok it takes about two days forthe check to go through………that little scanner checks your check , it doesnt deduct anything


Answer by HeadHunter

Wal-Mart, just like everyone else, must first physically take the check to the bank before the funds are deducted.


You won’t see the change in your account until after Wal-Mart makes their deposit and the bank clears the check.


Answer by noseyroseysillywillie

the scanner is just to make sure you dont have bad checks there..you SHOULD be able to…but no one can promise that…if you go there today they will not take the checks until tomorrow so it should not actually go through for a couple days.


Answer by fabulousinky

Depends on your bank. I bank with 5/3 and they deposit my checks on the 3rd day from which I write. I get paid on Fridays and visit walmart the tuesday before. Hope this helps.


Answer by nswblue

The funds are automatically withdrawn when the check is scanned – sorry!@


Answer by Herbert West III

Yes, it is considered theirs. If you attempt to do what you asked, it is considered a postdated check. These are illegal in some or most states.


Be sure good?

Leave your own private answer while in the comments!


NEW: Get the ORIGINAL AUDIO from the SOURCE itself: http://forums.radioreference.com/community-announcements-news/255408-live-audio-archives-newtown-ct-schoo…


Wal-Mart to pay by personal check, I inmediately my funds will be deducted?

10 comments:

  1. Great! Very informative blog.I got I'm happy to find many good points here in your post. Writing is simply great! Thank you for the post.

    order personal checks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post.......Article is very interesting.According to me A check drawn against funds deposited in your personal checking account.orderingchecks.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typically, you can squeeze an extra day out of the process by doing it after banking hours, PST. Why PST? Because that's the last time they could route it through anywhere in the US and with a corporation like Walmart, you can never know where they'll route your cheque from.

    So, 5pm PST would be 6pm MST, 7pm CST, 8pm EST and 9pm AST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They only care if you have a valid account and a clean background as far as check writing goes. They don't want to know your balance cuz you may not have money in your account. So they proces the check as fast as they can. The bank hits you with fees-paid or not. So yes you will be able to write the check. Maybe it clears after one day. Maybe not. It is NOT like a db card transaction. It's an EFT. Different animal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't listen to the people saying it immediately gets withdrawn as soon as it gets scanned. Our check scanners only check to make sure the account is legitimate they do not take money out as the scanners would not be able to read the handwritten amount. The scanning part of the device is only located along the area where account and routing numbers are. You will likely see the amount removed from your account within 2 business days as we bring the deposits down the following morning and then the bank usually doesn't get to them till after hours or before hours the following morning. I hope this comment helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I frequently go shopping at Walmart the day before I have enough funds to cover with personal check. It takes 48 hours to clear my account there.
    And as someone already stated, that check scanner does NOT withdraw from your account.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Thanks for sharing the awesome information and very useful and important info about how to order check books.NFL Football

    ReplyDelete
  8. About write a check this post is very useful and reasonable So I have to say that for the last few of hours i have been hooked by the impressive articles on this website.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive